Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Love and Hate
Here it is...the unedited version of my life. I was actually just preparing some of our Thanksgiving feast just now and had to stop to post this because I found it to be SO DANG FUNNY!!! We were all in kitchen, the girls coloring and myself mixing together a lovely concoction of brown sugar, flour, pecans and butter. Elise (who has now decided that she is Elise, not Lou) says to me in the most innocently sweet voice, "Mom, I love you sometimes. And sometimes, mom, I hate you. But right now, I love you." May I remind you that she is 3, not 13. It actually made me laugh out loud. Where are my children learning these early tactics of family therapy, and where can I find the person from whom they are learning? I do love them. Not just right now, but always. Thank heavens I didn't forget to grab my sense of humor this morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is funny, and if I didn't have children of my own I'm not sure I could believe the things that come out of their mouths!!! Sara
Both me and my husband laughed when we heard the story. Kids can really say the most incredible things:-)
Post a Comment