Saturday, March 21, 2009

Snake Season Again

It has been a long time since we last posted anything here. Today was a lovely day. We did some work in the yard today, planting some holly-hocks, sugar snap peas, and cleaning out the flower beds. Oh, yes, and removing more garter snakes. Today's count is four. We also went to the park for a picnic for our dinner.



I also wanted to show some fun pictures of the girls since Christmas time. This next picture was a day that Violet for some reason decided to put her head on the ground and walk her feet closer to her head until she rolled over.



The girls also had a lovely time decorating cookies for Valentines day. I think that Violet did more eating than decorating though.



And here is Violet's first haircut.



Every one is growing up so fast. It is fun to see them getting older and learning new things. Things at school are going well. Last week, I took some FBLA students to do a service project at the Food Bank. It was very interesting work. I was asked to help make phone calls to Scout leaders to remind them of the Scouting for Food drive coming up. I was surprised how fast the time passed while doing that and I realize that I hate talking to people on the phone. I guess I'm just an anti-social. Well, sorry it has been so long. Take care 'til next time.

7 comments:

Lisa Mane said...

Oh I wish I were there to help with the garden and the snakes. Loved the pictures!

Love,
Lis

Jana said...

The pictures are wonderful. Love those babies of yours that are not babies. Let the summer begin - as I am looking out my window and watching snow... It is good. The ground needs the water.

Jana

Lannie said...

The children are SO beautiful and you can see the light and joy in their young souls. Que saudades! We are so thankful to be part of your family. Oh, snakes! They are just wishing the mice will show up again. I cannot wait to make holly hock flower ladies with the girls. Then we'll let them float on water in a tub and dance together. We love you very much. MOM

Lisa said...

Love the new pictures, what cute girls you guys have! Marja, one of these days we've got to get our girls together.

Reynolds said...

Cute girls!! I really don't like the snakes so I don't envy you. Stephen says he doesn't like talking on the phone either, so maybe it runs in the family? Or not.

Yo said...

your girls really are adorable and yes, it's about time you posted something! I hate talking on the phone too - does that mean I'm anti-social?

Derrick and Angie said...

How cute are all of your girls! I loved the update since christmas. I have been waiting.... we are coming out to Utah this summer and I will insist on seeing you guys. Ill get in touch with ya!