Oh how quickly we come to the end of summer. Sniff, sniff. I am becoming more and more aware that in 2 1/2 weeks Paul will go back to work and we will begin the school life again. Don't get me wrong, I love the school life, but I ADORE our summer life. So, in a tribute to the best summer that we have had thus far, here are some pics and an overview.

I had mentioned before that we took a trip to Washington to visit my sister and the cousins. It was AWESOME! We had a great time and the kids loved playing together. We went berry picking, did fireworks for the 4th of July, participated in a bike rodeo, went to a farm for the best ice cream ever (as long as you didn't pick the cotton candy flavor), celebrated a baptism, hiked up Mt. Rainier and for whatever reason my kids had never been filthier! I don't know what it was, because my sister's kids weren't ever as dirty as mine. Go figure. This pic is Violet eating an ice cream cone and inadvertently sharing it with the dog. As Violet would swing Nana would steal a lick here and there while Violet was glancing the other way. It was very funny. Apparently every post will include something gross about that cute girl.

Here are the girls sunscreening up before we began picking blueberries. It was warm and sunny, but it was a really, really fun activity. The best part is that you have the reward of delicious blueberries at the end too! I forgot to mention that between me and my sister there are 7 little girls. It makes for a lot of enthusiasm and excitement when they're all together. You can tell that my kids aren't familiar with the spray on sunscreen. Funny.

Here we are at the ice cream parlor. This is the infamous cotton candy that I mentioned. Elise loved it but unfortunately for me it was dripping down the side so I had to lick it off for her. Disgusting I tell you.

We also spent plenty of time at the park and outside. The girls began the summer learning to ride their bikes. It only took Aspen and Bela about 2 days to learn, which was very rewarding for them. When we weren't riding bikes we were at the pool or at the park. This park is our favorite because it has a shallow (read: baby friendly) stream and lots of shade. It is very pleasant and relaxing there. The girls love playing in the water, and Paul and I love watching them from a blanket on the grass.

Here is our latest event: Pioneer Day. We did our usual tradition and went to Paul's sister's for dinner, soccer and fireworks. This was the first year that my children were brave enough to do the sparklers. It has always made them very nervous and they've declined every other year. I guess all it takes is for one of the them to do it and the others will follow. Hmmm...that has the potential to be very good or VERY bad now that I think about it. Farewell, oh fabulous summer!
2 comments:
Summer is fabulous but the schedule is nice too. Everyone is ready to LEARN. What beautiful children you have.
I feel your pain, kinda. I am really looking forward to next summer for no extra-curricular activities (read: Master's work).
Post a Comment