Thursday, July 9, 2009

Grosser than Gross

Luckily for all of us, I don't have any pictures of this. As some of you may know, we returned from a trip this week. (Which was fabulous...more about that later.) We were gone ten days and returned to jungle land in our yard. It was actually quite comical to see how things had taken over while we were gone. Unfortunately, one of the things to take over was slugs. I decided that it was bad enough that I should collect all of the nasty slug eggs (you know, the cocoon-like things with eggs in them) and then lay out some slug killer also. So, I gathered a bazillion eggs in a water bottle that was left over from our trip. No, that was not the gross part. I didn't quite finish, and quickly became distracted with another section of the yard, leaving my opened, slug-filled water bottle on the lawn. Can you see where this is going? A few minutes later I heard Paul's horrified scream and looked up just in time to see Violet pulling the water bottle from her mouth, dirt falling from her lips. That's right folks, my lovely toddler now has slug infested baby lips since she tried to ingest the slug eggs that I had so foolishly collected in a water bottle. I suppose when they say, "you don't know where that mouth has been," it can be so terribly worse than you ever imagined!

5 comments:

Jana said...

That gives me the he-bee-gee-bees. I am so sorry that your baby .... I cannot even finish that sentence. I am also sorry that I read the story before I ate breakfast. I still love your baby - I can no longer kiss on her.

Reynolds said...

Oh, that is making my stomach turn as I now cannot finish my Cheerios. BLECH!!

Lisa said...

OOOh, that's disguisting. How did she react? Who knows maybe slug eggs are not so bad for you, they're probably considered a delicacy somewhere...

Derrick and Angie said...

That sounds like something I would do. For example, my baby has already had dog poop put to her lips, fortunately, it was old enough that the dr. said it was probably okay... slug eggs is pretty groose though. I love all your posts, they are hilarious. I have two of mine that have birthdays one day apart too, and they are my second and fourth just like yours! And mine are this next week coming up, how funny!

Sara said...

That is sick, but Lisa is right they probably are a delicacy somewhere. I too love your posts and hope to have Paul serve cake at one of our birthdays someday!