And here they are...the birthday girls!! For those of you that don't know the beetles song, you're supposed to sing the title of this post. How fitting it is for our family! Yesterday was Bela's birthday and today was Violet's. I haven't figured out what to do with two birthdays a day apart...parties, cakes, celebrations, etc. Bela asked for an ice cream cake this year, which switched it up enough that I made a separate cake for Violet too. Violet has been really into puppies, so that's what she got. Its hard to tell from Bela's but the top is a fairy. It was an adventure to learn to make an ice cream cake but thanks to my sister it was fabulous!

We had a great time with family for a party. The girls loved their presents and especially loved playing with cousins. It was awesome! And just for fun, here is dad. No, he's not posing. This is what he always looks like when he serves cake.
4 comments:
way to go Marj - the cakes look awesome! I debated making Landan's first bday cake but am leaning towards just ordering one.
You're right about the expression on Paul's face. I did a double take! The cakes look fabulous. I didn't see how cute they were before they were served.
We wish we were closer to have a piece of Van Orman sized servings; not Reynolds sized servings. Seriously, it sounds like it was a wonderful event that was loved by all. Love, Lis
Hi Marja and Paul,
Is it cheating to make one comment about several posts? I love the columbine post-they are stunning flowers and I remember them from my childhood. The only thing that even comes close is honeysuckle, which we have lots of in New Jersey, but I definitely miss the columbine. Also, I got a kick out of the pictures of the kids and the asparagus post too-hilarious!!! The picture with the girls in the cabinet is priceless. Also, I LOVE the 'Where the Wild Things Are' theme--that's one of my favorite books and I have many fond memories of reading it when I was a kid. Anyway, now after such a long comment, I should say that this is Sarah, Emily's crazy twin. Just wanted to say hi! :)
Post a Comment