I was in the financial office at school, when I got a call from Marja. She was taking a shower, ( the other girls were already at school) and came down to find that Violet had taken the box of donuts down from the counter and onto the table. She then proceeded to take a few bites out of each donut, until she settled upon the one she wanted. It made me laugh. It makes me think of Mari and her philosophy on a box of chocolates. (i.e. take a bite out of one and if you don't like it, put the rest back. Some one else might like it?)
We also did some pumpkin carving this week for Halloween. That was a blast. Violet wasn't sure she wanted to stick her hands in at get that orange guck out. Especially with Bela next to her making all kinds of exclamations about how gross this is. Grandma helped Elise with hers, and Elise was the proper foreman: telling grandma what to do and how to do it but not joining in herself.
This last bit is a picture of the blackberries we got this year. We planted a few starters that we got from some neighbors and they actually produced a little fruit. Just enough for a taste. They were delicious. I can't wait for next year!
1 comment:
are you guys okay? The only reason I ask is because every year your Christmas card is the first to arrive (usually right around Dec 1st) and I haven't received it yet:) Hope all is well!
Post a Comment