
Every evening at dinner time we go around the table and everyone tells about their day. They share something good, something bad and an act of service that they did. This is one of my highlights since it allows me to feel a bit more connected despite the many hours of school that the children spend away from me. Its always so interesting to hear what they say. Sometimes I'm surprised, and sometimes I'm not. Yesterday when it was Elise's turn she did in fact surprise me. Now going into this you have to know this girl. Her soul is made of song. She sings when she's happy, sad, bored, excited, playing, imaging and everything in between. It is her mode of expression. Anyway, when she shared with us her service she said that she went outside that day and sang to the birds so that they would know that it is Christmas time. I don't know why that was so sweet to me. Perhaps because I know her well enough to know that it was probably a very sincere song dedicated to those lucky birds. I suppose even the birds rejoice at the birth of Christ.
2 comments:
I just tucked my SCREAMING children to bed.... hum. Maybe time to step back and enjoy their great qualities. I love that girl! I am sure the birds loved her gift.
I haven't met Elise in person but this sounds so sweet:-)And I like your dinner time tradition.
Post a Comment