
In church this past week we did a service swap. The service I offered was a Valentines dessert for two. I just don't think treats get any better than a chocolate raspberry cake garnished with raspberries, sitting inside a chocolate bowl. Delicious. The unfortunate part is that the rest of the cake stayed at home with me and my mouth. Hmmm....better planning next year.

And here is our family Valentine tradition. Sugar cookies are one of the very funnest ways of seeing your children's personalities. Its fun to see which cookie cutters they pick, how hard or easy it is to wait for their turn, whether they're dumpers or sprinklers with the decorating and then of course which ones can walk away from them and which ones have to have one that instant. I don't really know why #2 was so grumpy in this photo. I used to look at pictures like this and think, "Oh no, they've ruined the picture and now I can't use it." My philosophy is different now though. I'm more of a "Oh well. History is now recorded," kind of mentality. Even the grumpy pictures will be an insight into childhood and I'm really hoping that someday it will even be funny. Happy Valentines!
4 comments:
I have a very talented and gorgeous wife. Look at those desserts. It looks like something out of a magazine!
I am so sorry I was not there to EAT them with you! Beautiful. Grumpy happens....
Looking at PD's face almost makes me think he knows what is going on with #2. I love those cute girls... grumpy or not.
I am inspired by my beautiful, talented, creative, amazing sister. Thanks for sharing your traditions. Thanks for who you are. And I see that your children are perfect gifts for you to contribute to their lives. You have an awesome family.
Post a Comment