
Let me give you a little background to this story. A few of you may know that Violet has a speech delay. This means for us that it is extremely rare to hear a complete sentence from her. We usually get a series of almost intelligible words strung together in a yoda-like fashion. (Minus the pronouns.) She has been making amazing progress and doing very well, but you do have to understand that she doesn't speak in sentences. Tonight however, she made herself very clear at the dinner table. We were all sitting around having dinner when she told us that she had to go to the bathroom. I excused her to go and told her to tell me if she needed some help. Then she turned around and said and I quote, "This is my food," clearly indicating that no one was to eat or touch her food while she was away. HA! It just cracks me up! Believe me little honey bunny, I will never eat off the plate of a two year old...ever. I know where those hands have been. So funny! Just for the record, the only other time that she has clearly said a complete sentence was last month when she said, "I love mom." That makes it all worth it. (smile)
1 comment:
She is getting so big. It is funny to me that in a family we declare our territories. Perhaps she was telling her dad - did she have bread on her plate? :)
Post a Comment