The past few weeks I have been doing inventory of our emergency preparedness items. I realized that while the van does have an emergency kit in it, Paul's car does not. This really is a problem considering that he commutes everyday to work and would be the more likely candidate for needing some emergency items. So yesterday I picked him up a premade car kit for emergencies. He was pulling things out of it and commenting on each thing when he ran across a cone.

He then pulled it out and says in complete seriousness, "Is this to act like a megaphone to call to the cars that drive by? (Then acting it out) HELLLLLPPPPP!!! PLEASE STOP!!!" (I made him act it out again for my picture. He, he.) I think my response was, "No, you goober, its to put on the road behind your car if you're pulled over to warn people that you're there." Then he pulled out the instruction/contents page. Turns out, no! In fact we were both wrong...it is to attach to the top of your flashlight to wave people down. Apparently it doesn't matter what equipment you have if you don't know how to use it! Heaven help us if we need these things! =)
3 comments:
Actually, I think you are supposed to put it on your head to help draw attention to yourself if your car breaks down...
The most important things in the emergency kits are things that have many purposes -- like the cone/megaphone/flashlight/road flare. My personal favorite is my 72-hour/emergency lunch/I was bored so I had to find something to eat (mini-weiners look fine to me) kit.
Wait it is a funnel in case someone is unconscious and you have to feed them. Instructions: lay the person on their back, open their mouth, put narrow part of "funnel" into mouth, pour food/skittles/emergency kit weiners into their mouth.
We are laughing so hard.
Post a Comment