Sunday, December 19, 2010
The gift that keeps on giving
A number of years ago (I've lost count, but at least 6) I was given a gift from my sister Lisa. She was moving and didn't need some of her sewing things anymore so I inherited her serger and an obscene amount of material. These items have been in my sewing room for so long that I almost forgot that they were there. Earlier in the month I stumbled upon them while working on another project and decided it was time to do something with all this fabulous stuff. It was a bit of a trick to figure out the serger but that actually went smoothly. One of the fabrics was a nice weight suit material that I was clueless about but thought it would be so great to make Christmas skirts/dresses for the girls that matched but were different at the same time. The only problem is that I have no idea how to sew from a pattern or even read one for that matter. So, I decided to just make it up as I go along. I finished last week and let me say it was so fun! Today we wore our matching outfits to church. Here's a picture. And THANK YOU to my fabulous sister! (Hopefully it's not an abomination to see your awesome material as little girl/mom skirts.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, I am so impressed!!! They turned out great and you all look so cute:) I especially love your cheesy smile!
I am THRILLED to see material go to good use. And you guys look fabulous! You are a great mom and the outfits turned out wonderful! Congrats!!
What beautiful girls. Nice job Mari! How fun to have something handmade just by mom.
Post a Comment