Dear Mr. UPS Man,
Thank you so much for all of your hard work this holiday season. While I am appreciative of all you do for the, dare I say "thousands", of people out there, I was a bit disturbed last night when you dropped off my package. As much as I like to know just when my package arrives, there was really no need to ring the doorbell at 12:15 AM. I had no idea that you work so late. Is that usual or were you held up all day doing something else until the middle of the night? Perhaps you fell asleep and then woke up and realized that you had a day's worth of deliveries to make overnight? Whatever the reason, please do not visit me again after 9 pm. I just might have to poke my eyes out if I have to get out of bed again to find that I was doorbell ditched. Just as a warning, next time I won't be so nice as to find my pajamas in the middle of the night and you just might find that I answer the door in my underwear.
Sincerely,
Your very tired customer, Marja
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i have been laughing about this post all day long. what in the world? and please, don't ever answer the door in your underwear.
Are you kidding me? Once the airport delivered our lost luggage at 4 a.m. and knocked on the door. At least the guy didn't run away. But, I couldn't believe it. Probably the delivery person thought we needed our jammies for sleeping and was sure they were in the suitcases he was delivering. I am worried, though, that the package was for me and not for you and that I managed to get Amazon to send my Christmas surprises to your house again by mistake. I am expecting something. But, for your comfort, the last thing I ordered I figured out how to cancel out the Pleasant Grove address so that it would come to us here. OR, maybe it will go to Auntie Barbara. Rats! Oh, I LOVE Christmas. Have a great day and be of good cheer. MOM
I am going to give you a completely different perspective. Out here in Texas, people were STEALING christmas packages that were left on the stoop. So on the news, they were thanking Mr. UPS man for ringing the doorbell so they could bring in their wares. Just a thought.
Now for a joke. Did you hear that Federal Express and UPS were talking about a merger? They decided that it wouldn't work since their new name would be FedUP. ROFL
And Lannie, you are welcome to add me to your shipping profile and have all your goodies accidentally come to my house. But I can't promise I will return them.
Post a Comment