Saturday, January 8, 2011

Before and After

A few months ago I became very inspired by this lady. Her blog teaches (among other things) how to reupholster furniture. Actually, truth be told I have emailed her and she is the nicest, most helpful lady on the planet. I wish that I knew her personally. Anyway, she made everything look so easy that I decided to tackle my own project. I had this chair in my den that just didn't cut the mustard.I decided to redo it and just LOVE how it turned out. This chair is actually one of a pair that now go so nicely in the room. I realize that in fact I CAN DO THIS! It made me so excited I'm now not afraid to reupholster some other things in the house! I'll keep you posted!Here is the pair in the room. I am just in love!

5 comments:

Lannie said...

Mari, you are truly amazing. I wish I had something for you to work on. But remember, Dad will pay you money if you don't paint that solid oak head and foot board! Keep us posted. Have a great day and be of good cheer. Love, MOM

Yo said...

Wow - that is impressive!! I love how they turned out - they don't even look like the same chairs. You go girl!

Reynolds said...

Impressive, as always. I'll let you practice on your stuff, then I'll find some other projects for you from our place, HA HA.

Lisa Mane said...

I am so proud of you! They look WONDERFUL in your room. Congrats all around!

Sara said...

Seriously you are AMAZING I cannot get over the Christmas dresses, let's just say all I tried to make were nightgowns and the only people wearing them are dolls! I LOVE the chairs too! I am totally inspired to try that and maybe with a little luck the dolls won't end up with more stuff! Sara