June is birthday month in our family. Between our two sides of the family there are 9 June birthdays to celebrate. Our little family contributes to 3 of these, all within the space of 4 days. We love it! So far Bela and Violet really enjoy having birthday celebrations together. We had the family over for cake and homemade ice cream. The girls had a great time opening presents and playing with their cousins. Here they are opening their gifts. Thank you so much to all of you that came! The girls loved their presents!
Before the party we woke up and got donuts and then went for a hike on our mountain. I am just amazed at the determination of our Violet. She hiked the whole way up all by herself on those short little legs. Here she is explaining to Paul that she's a big girl and doesn't need to be carried. Look at her hand gestures. Good grief, she is a big girl.
This was the view at a rest stop. The beauty of the landscape that I grew up with is so different than Utah, but look how beautiful it is where I live now. Utah has a beauty all it's own. (It helps too that it has been a record breaking year for rain...)
At the end of the day this is what I found. Violet now has to make room in her bed for daddy bear and baby bear. She LOVES these bears. She's holding baby bear in her arms.
Happy Birthday to my two sweet girls. We are so lucky to have you. We had a fabulous day!
5 comments:
that is EXACTLY what i expected violet to do with her bears. snuggle and love them to pieces.
Such fun and cute girls. I loved how excited they both were about everything. Vi looks lots like Bela to me in that picture with the bear.
June is such a great month to have a birthday if I do say so myself! The girls were so cute and it is so fun to get together and celebrate these occasions!
Cathy
I love the hiking pictures, Utah is beautiful! Happy birthday to you girls!
Happy birthday to all! Love your guts!
Post a Comment