This past March we planted cauliflower in our garden. It was a weird winter and therefore a weird spring, which meant that the weather was warmer than usual. I'm not sure if this was the explanation or not, but for whatever reason the cauliflower plants never produced any cauliflower. As the plants got bigger and bigger I liked them more and more and decided to leave them in the garden just because they were so fantastic as plants.
Here comes the strange part. Once the weather got colder again it turns out that our plants started producing cauliflowers after all! You can see that they must have liked the extra marinating in the soil that they got because they are HUGE! (Either that or the chicken manure...huh.) Now we're going to make all the cauliflower soup that a person could want. It's our favorite by the way. I just might have to pass on the recipe... =)



5 comments:
what the cauliflower?!?! that's amazing. and hilarious.
I am not believing that it came from your plants :) That is crazy- when I saw them they were the size of my fist.... We will be coming over for soupies.
The soupies was wonderful! This whole thing is unbelievable. I love the plants themselves almost as much as the soup. Your yard is amazing in that everything you plant gives back. We love you all. MOM
freaky:)
Wow! That is amazing!
Post a Comment