Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Elementary school woes...for me!
Its been a long time, and while I have no pictures to post, I thought that there might be some of you out there that can appreciate this. So far things have been a little touch and go here this morning. Bela woke up with the baby at 6:45...too early for anyone to be happy. She put on a dress that she had picked the night before, danced around in it for about 5 minutes and then decided that she wanted to wear her Halloween outfit. She was totally excited, pranced around in that one for about 10 minutes and then she panicked that someone would think she was wearing her pajamas. So, we went to outfit #3 and got on a pair of jeans with a Halloween sweater. Then she said that she needed some safety pins for her jeans. Sheesh! When I very calmly told her that she needed to decide what to eat for breakfast because she was running out of time she just couldn't do it. Then I caught her teasing Elise and I remained calm, but sternly, told her that I was getting frustrated with her behavior and that she was going to miss breakfast because there was simply no more time to waste. Oh, you should have seen the watermelon-sized tears. Good grief. Luckily she recovered and ate breakfast. We hopped in the car and as we were on our way to school I was thinking of the menotenous drudgery that I am sometimes living and it occurred to me that I will be doing this routine and running my kids to and from Elementary school for the next ELEVEN YEARS!!!!! Someone out there...save me!! While motherhood has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me, I could do without the morning routine sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Bella sounds a lot like Madalyn, she changes clothes about three or four times a day. I hate the morning routine too, my kids are zombies until about 9:00, and the only breakfast annabelle will eat has to be sucked through a straw...
Whenever my kids drive me crazy I think "this is still better than being a cat lady and having to feed and clean up after a dozen cats everyday." For some reason that always makes me feel better. Cat ladies are just so sad.
Oops, sorry I misspelled Bela's name.
Okay, the cat lady comment is one I will have to remember on any kind of bad day. I would add pomeranian puppies to that (yucky mission experience). Thanks for taking Isaac today even with your day as it was. You're the best!
Yes, I will readily be a mother before a crazy cat lady, but man oh man I am with you and I remember when the morning routine hit me except I think I will be doing it for at least 15 years, so are you not sending your youngest ones to school ? J/K Sara (oh and I wish I had some helpful words of wisdom, but maybe this will help... my kids have to BE AT school at 7:55 a.m.!)
When you find the "answer" to morning routines, please share Mari. I don't have the changing the clothes 4 times problem... my problems are more the finding the hairbrush type or socks that match, or the feeding the baby while I pour milk in cereal bowls, you know... but I am also grateful for Lisa's insightful advice to remember all the cat ladies out there and just be grateful mine are all sweet little faces who don't scratch at the furniture. :)
Post a Comment