Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Festivities

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLL!!!!

Aspen scored her first goal today. She had a soccer game this morning and it was raining so Mom went home with the other girls while I stayed to watch Aspen. It was awesome, even though it was wet. The goalie from the other team kicked it from the goal box and Aspen ran in front of the other player and kicked it in. I think I was more excited than she was. She was glad to score a goal, but sees it just as any other part of the game. It is nice to see her making friends on her team and improving. Here she is with her root-beer treat after the game.



Starr Family Easter Egg Hunt

After the game, we went over to the Starr's house and had a great brunch and an Easter egg hunt. Marja made a wonderful breakfast casserole and Jana made some delicious cinnamon rolls. It was a very lovely time for every one. The kids hid some eggs for Violet and Cohen in the front room to find and then shouted encouragement for them to be found.
It was so much fun and then it was time to go home for Violet to take a nap. The girls watched a movie while Violet was napping. I called a good neighbor, Stephen and asked if I could get some blackberry starters from his blackberries. We have been looking for a variety that is thornless to plant in the front. Stephen is in charge of the Temple grounds and I had never been in his back yard before. It was just amazing. I tell you what, ground covers are the way to go in the beds of shrubs and trees. He helped me get some starters and I planted them in the nice wet ground. I also noticed that the sugar snap peas that Marja planted have sprouted. Hurray!!

Reynolds' Party


Then it was up to the Reynolds' home for egg painting and another Easter egg hunt. The girls had fun coloring eggs with their cousins. I helped Violet color a couple, but couldn't keep her from picking them up and throwing them to the ground, so Marja distracted her in the playroom while the others finished. After a spaghetti dinner, Grandpa Rose hid some eggs in the back yard for the children to find more eggs.


To Bed!

Just before bedtime, we finally had a chance for the girls to find their Easter baskets that the Easter bunny hid. Of course they were excited to get more candy, but the best thing they got was some magnets that Marja made for them to go on the magnet wall in the nook. Marja had a great idea to use the Xiron machine to make some magnets for the girls. She made a bunch of magnets with words for Aspen, and some dolls with doll clothes for Bela and Elise. She has some farm animals for Violet. What a fun day.

P.S. Loving the rain. April showers bring May flowers.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Lovin the rain - looks like a very full day for the Reynolds family.

Derrick and Angie said...

I love the room in your basement! So creative! And all your plantings sound fun, I would love to plant blueberries. That is a favorite childhood memory of mine! Such cute pictures! congrats on the goal Aspen!