Thursday, April 23, 2009

Slogans That Never Took Off

I Cuss, You Cuss, We all Cuss for Asparagus!
I couldn't resist posting this one. I'm so very pleased with our one lone asparagus that I had to show you all. Last year Paul and I planted a number of asparagus plants (I think there were at least 10). For whatever reason only two plants grew last year, and now this year we have only one plant growing and its only produced one stalk. Sad, really. I'm hoping that somehow they'll pull through and we'll have a whole crop someday...in about 15 years.

I also had to include this about my funny day. All you mothers out there will be able to appreciate this. This morning Elise woke up at 5 and threw up. She hasn't eaten anything all day and at lunch decided that she would try a little something. I was suggesting the typical toast or saltines, but she was determined to have grapes. She is a rather mellow girl until she gets something in her head (which luckily isn't terribly often) and then it doesn't matter what you do, there's no changing her mind. So I warn her that grapes are going to make her throw up, as she's practically inhaling them, and viola, there you have it...back up come the grapes. She was only upset though because she "fwewed up" on her blankey. That was devastating. Good news though, she allowed me to get her a different blanket and is now in peaceful slumber on the couch. With the baby napping it is turning out to be a very quiet (and stinky) day.

1 comment:

Reynolds said...

I have to admit, I'd be the one to cuss for asparagus. I think it tastes like dirt. Hope Louli is feeling better.