Friday, May 22, 2009

No Naps...

Hello! I figured that I might as well put up the latest and greatest from our house. It seems that my baby friend has learned to open the doors. She actually figured it out a few days ago but for whatever reason just realized today the power that lies in her new found talent. Today I put Violet down for a nap, gave her a kiss, shut the door and left...the usual. Friday is cleaning day at our house, which means that I was rather occupied with other things. About 5 minutes into nap time I heard a very loud Violet calling me. As I rounded the corner, there she was, grinning from ear to ear. I gave her an attempted scolding. (While really chuckling on the inside, because honestly, what's cuter than the victory smile of an almost 2 year old?) After round two I decided that I was not well enough equipped for this battle (baby door lock, gate, tape, whatever) and had too much cleaning to do to care if she didn't take a nap. So there is the explanation behind these photos. Too big to take a nap and too little not to. Ah, it begins... There's a reason Heavenly Father made them look so sweet when they sleep. Let's have a little more of it, eh?

5 comments:

Lannie said...

How blonde she is! Isn't it grand that you get to go through this with the summer just arriving. Good luck keeping her in the house! How can she be almost 2...It seems just like yesterday. We love you all very much. Have a great day and be of good cheer. Love, MOM

Lisa Mane said...

The picture on the couch made me laugh out loud. Oh the adventures of motherhood. Can't believe mine is waiting for a mission call. Enjoy it, as Grandma said-- it goes so fast. We love you!
Lis

Jana said...

I HATE this stage! She is so beautiful. And to all those mothers out there who say 'it goes so fast' you have forgotten that when you are in it time S-L-O-W-S almost to a crawl. Call me we can do a play date with two, twos....

Reynolds said...

Oh, the joys of sleep cycles, naps, and the absence of them. I feel your pain. Nap-time is somewhat challenging for us lately.

Sara said...

so cute!!! Sara (couldn't agree more about the face of victory)