
This has been a very long week for all involved. I wanted to share a couple of those stories with you. This week was the girls' spring break. Of course my spring break was the week before, and while it was nice it left Marja alone with the girls all day. To make matters worse, I had to go out of town to the State FBLA conference with some students. I was gone Thursday and Friday. We had to leave Murray by 6:00 am to get a couple of students to their first competition. Then there was a dance that night until 11:30 that I had to help chaperone.
Needless to say, I was very tired and worn out when I came home Friday but I was also very glad to be home with Marja and the girls. So Aspen had been complaining that she had strep on Friday evening and Marja took her to the doctor to see. I let the girls play until around 7:15 and then asked them to go up and get ready for bed. Bela started to complain. She threw her face into a decorative pillow on our white chair and started yelling into it. I asked her what the problem was and she says, "You never let me see anything!".
"I never let you see anything?"
"You NEVER let me see ANYTHING!"

"Like what?"
"The Statue of Liberty!"
"WHAT?!"
"THE STATUE OF LIBERTYYY!!!"
"Where in the world did you get that from?! Do you even know where the Statue of Liberty is?!! It's in NEW YORK CITY!!!"
I found out later that she saw it on TV, but what in the world? I guess she is right, I never let her get to see anything.
Not all of it was bad though. Bela helped me all day Saturday with chores and didn't complain about them. We cleaned up outside, watered plants, fertilized the lawn and helped John and Jen fix something on the door of their wonderful new refrigerator. (Congrats on the new home!)
We also took the girls to fly kites Saturday afternoon. There was very little wind, but they had fun taking turns running with the kite. And check out the picture of Violet on the slide. Can you say "It's Alive!"?
3 comments:
Don't you know you have to have a grandma with you to fly a kite? And, you NEVER let me see the Great Wall of China! Oh, how I love you all. Paul, you are the best. Does Aspen have strep? Violet looks like she was struck by lightening. There must have been a lot of electricity on that slide. Amazing. We love you. Have a great day and be of good cheer.
Love, Grandma Van
That is hilarious! I love the picture of Violet on the slide. It is worth a blog post by itself that you had a child help with chores all day without complaining! That is awesome. We miss you guys but hey, now that Im thinking of it we will be at the SLC temple for a sealing at 3 pm next saturday if you want to see us and have nothing to do next sat. We will only be there the weekend so Im sure I wont have time for an "official" friend get together, but we'd love the chance to see you all!
I love that hair! It is a perfect scrapbook photo! I hope it is one of your favorites.
Post a Comment