For Christmas Elise got a sewing machine. She has been just dying for one of her own. This pink beauty is a hello kitty sewing machine, complete with a grommet kit and a foot pedal. When she pulled out the instructions she immediately found a project that she wanted to make. A handbag. I don't really know what I was thinking but somehow it never occurred to me that I would be doing all of the "sewing" with her. I thought I would have to step in here and there, but I didn't get that every project would be accompanied by an adult. (Notice I said "adult" this time...not "me". In enters Paul - ) Luckily for me Paul has taken sewing classes and knows his stuff. I happily handed the first project over to him. Here is Elise sewing with Paul watching closely.

And stepping in to help... Did I mention that I love this man?

And here is the final product!! A HANDBAG! (The girls call this pose "fashion" like an adjective. Ie: You're posing so fashion!)

And I couldn't resist putting this one in. Since it has gotten cold we aren't outside playing with the chickens as much as we were over the summer. That has not stopped our feathered friends however. They have started a game with us where they come up the three stairs of the deck and "knock" on the back door with their beaks to get our attention. The girls then play a follow-my-finger game with the chickens. It actually cracks me up. Who would have guessed that after all the Christmas gifts that the chickens would provide the real entertainment!

We hope that Christmas was wonderful for each of you and that these last few days of vacation are restful ones.
3 comments:
That Paul is AWESOME! It is so fun to see the accomplishment once little ones have done something all by themselves. As for the chickens, watch Grandma - she might come and steal them....
He looks like he's pretty confident stepping in there. Good job to all concerned on your group project :)
I am so impressed that she is sewing! I am sad to say that I cannot sew and wish that I could claim that as a talent! Way to go Elise!
Post a Comment