Sunday, August 3, 2008

Where's the beef?


I thought I'd just right a few of the latest events that we have enjoyed this summer. We had a wonderful time at aunt Cathy's with a great meal for their annual Cedar Hills celebration. There was the usual KFC and great fruit and such. At first I was thinking what a bummer it was going to be for me because one of my favorite things that we usually do at the Cedar Hills celebration while we are waiting for the fireworks to start is to play some family soccer, in which usually someone ends up getting creamed or a broken toe (we play bare-footed). But with my wrist in a bandage there was no way. I guess that made it a good year to have this storm come through so we couldn't play anyways. Instead we went down into the basement and played Wii sports games. Bye the way, I beat Nathaniel 1 -0 and latter Brian 6-0 in baseball. He he. I don't really play fair though because I never throw anything but a curve ball, and most of the time its outside.
So we waited for the fireworks because it had stopped raining and we tried a few of our own out in front of Cathy's house. The wind was still blowing so I guess that is why the city never launched its firework show. When we left the girls were very confused because there were no fireworks that night. But other than that we had a blast.

We also went for a drive this past week to check out the triathlon route of the race we (hopefully that includes me) had signed up for. It's a novice race and we thought it would be good to check out the route and see how bad it is going to be. Overall its a pretty flat race and I am hoping that if I have a brace on by that time that I can just swim on my back and take my time and just finish the race. Of course, it looks like Mari is going to do really well. In fact, it's probably good that I have a broken wrist so I have something to blame it on when she is 3 miles in front of me.

The girls also got to spend some time with Grandma Rose (Reynolds) at the annual sleep out. Of course Bela and Elise were up way late and then up really early so I think it took Grandma a couple of days to recover, but they loved it. Thanks Gran.

1 comment:

Reynolds said...

Cute pic! I have to say, for a minute I was trying to figure out who it was - I almost saw a little of Lindsay when she was about the same age. Funny, huh. Gotta hand it to you guys training for any kind of race.