Our poor Aspen had her tonsils out on Tuesday. After 5 episodes of strep in 7 months the doctor decided that enough was enough. She did awesome and is recovering just as expected. It is always a bit nerve-wracking to have to do something that's scary and that you've never done before, so of course she was nervous. The week before the surgery we had a tour of the hospital with an explanation of people, rooms and instruments, which helped immensely to calm her nerves. Here she is the day of surgery, all prepped and ready to go.

She got a real kick out of the booties that they give you. Apparently one size does not fit all.

So now it's all the slushies, ice cream, smoothies and juice she can have until she gets feeling better. She has been a trooper and done great!
3 comments:
Aspen - let me know if you want company. I am happy to come and help you eat ice cream, slushies, etc, etc. We are really happy that everything went so well. Love you.
Hugs, kisses, and wishing I could eat all the frozen yummies I could handle. Hope you're feeling as good as new soon.
Aspen - I remember the ice cream being the best part of going to the hospital! Love you!
Post a Comment