Friday, May 28, 2010

This Little Light of Mine

This school year Elise has been attending Preschool at a nearby Elementary School. It has been the best experience! We have LOVED her teachers, the program, the learning, the activities and all the singing! Yesterday was Graduation and I wanted to share two videos that I took from it. It was so well done. It was 75 minutes of memorized lines, singing, dancing and percussion performance. The school has a morning and afternoon class, so it was both classes together. Let me give a disclaimer though. This is probably one of those moments where by far the most entertained person is the mom, but if you want to check them out you can.

This first one cracks me up. Elise is so excited she can hardly stand it! I love that she is such a free spirit. She ended up sitting next to a boy from a different class who had no desire to talk, sing or move...poor kid. Since they're greeting their neighbor in the song she has to ad lib since he doesn't participate. At one point they're supposed to hug...she is very creative with her solution since clearly this boy will be doing no hugging.



The next one was the highlight of the program for me and Elise! After hearing her constant, passionate singing in class all year long her teacher asked her to sing a solo for the final number. Apparently she was born to be in the spotlight. She loved it! And so did I! I cannot wait to see where this talented girl ends up in life.


6 comments:

Yo said...

Let it shine baby!! What a talented little girl - the best part was hearing you laughing in the background!!

Reynolds said...

Wow!! Super job Elise!! She had such a little stage presence for even someone twice her age! She owned that stage like it was a regular everyday occurence. Amazing!

The Reynolds said...

Awesome job, Elise! You closed out that 2nd number with gusto! I also loved that you signed "I love you" to your sister, Violet. Precious...

Lisa Mane said...

That made me cry, she is adorable and what an amazing spirit. Yes, we can't wait to see where she lands in life. Bless her fabulous little heart! We miss you.

mindy said...

This is hilarious! I had to watch it twice because it was so dang cute!

Sara said...

Seriously from the first and maybe only time I ever saw her she stole my heart she is adorable!!! ( I love Violet on sunday morning too. what a cutie!!!